A Board of Management meeting was held on Wednesday, 22nd September 2021. The following is the agreed report:
- The Board undertook the annual review of the Child Safeguarding Statement. The current statement is available on the school website.
- Building works have commenced and will continue until October 2022. The extension will encompass three classrooms, a large central activities area, a multi-sensory room, offices and soft and hard surface playgrounds. Some of the original building will be refurbished and the entire school will receive a mechanical and electrical upgrade.
- The third cycle of School Self Evaluation has been delayed until September 2022. The school will continue to focus on Wellbeing for the remainder of this school year.
- There are a number of upcoming initiatives:
- Tennis lessons have commenced for all classes. They will take place over a six week period.
- Our school has been selected for the Creative Schools Project. Creative Schools is a flagship initiative of the Creative Ireland Programme to enable the creative potential of every child. Children will have the opportunity to work with a creative associate over a two year period focusing on the arts.
- Children in 4th Class will have the opportunity to take part in Céilí Ukelele. This is a whole class music programme part funded by Music Generation Mayo. Lessons take place over the course of the year enabling children to learn and perform music together.
- Our school has been selected to take part in the Vex Robotics Competition. The project is led by the Mechanical and Industrial Engineering Dept of the GMIT. Children in 6th class will have the opportunity to build and programme a robot. They will then take part in a national competition scheduled for later this year.