As you are aware Knock National School is participating in the Comenius project. Over the past year teachers have visited schools in Norway, Germany and Latvia, in addition to hosting our Comenius partners in March 2013. We have found participation in the Comenius project to be an enriching and worthwhile educational experience.
We intend to travel to Spain in November to visit our partner school in Rivas, Madrid and would like to extend an invitation for children in sixth class to join us. We are in a position to bring approximately 6 children on the trip, and we are currently looking for suitable students from sixth class. Children who would like to work on the project, and travel to Spain in November, are asked to complete the on-line form below before Friday 10th October. All of the details for the trip are not finalised yet. However, parents/guardians of children chosen by the school will have an opportunity to meet with Ms Boyle to discuss every aspect of the trip.
The following information is available at this point.
The children will:
1. travel to Spain with Ms Boyle, Mrs Coyne and other members of staff on Wednesday 12th November and return on Saturday 15th November
2. be required to have parent/guardian consent
3. be required to assist Ms Boyle and Mrs Coyne with work relating to the project e.g prepare presentations/videos about our school
4. have a valid passport
5. not be required to pay for flights or hotel accommodation
attend classes in a primary school and participate in cultural events in Spain
6. stay in a hotel with staff from Knock National School
be required to have their own spending money for the trip
Children are asked to fill in the form below and click Submit.
Only one application per child will be accepted.
Please submit all forms before Friday, 10th October.