ICT Club will commence after mid-term break. It will take place each Thursday evening between 3.00pm and 4.15pm. Children who are interested in participating are asked, along with their parents/guardians, to complete the application form below and return it to Ms Boyle on or before Wednesday 23rd October.
A Google Apps for Education account and a Microsoft Office 365 account will be set up for each child who participates. The workshops will be enjoyable and children will have an opportunity to learn new skills including the following:
- Internet Safety Skills
- Use of email, contacts and web calendars
- Use of digital cameras and photo editing
- Use of video camera and editing
- Use of Audacity recording and editing software
- Create, save, print, upload, download and share electronic files
- Cloud computing through the remote storage of electronic files
- Create and embed web 2.0 technologies in the school website
- Develop improved skills with laptops and chromebooks
- Develop improved presentation skills
- Microsoft Office and Google Drive
- Work towards creating e Portfolios and individual websites
The workshops are suitable for children in fifth and sixth class.